Understanding your material properties
Our laboratories give us a whole range of test capabilities for analysing your material, including:
- Bulk density analysis – to determine the volume of material for a given weight
- Shear cells tests – to determine the cohesive strength of a material so we can specify the minimum silo outlet size
- Friction tests – to determine the friction between silo walls and the material so we can specify the optimum silo geometry and surface material
- Sieve analysis – to determine the particle size distribution within the material
- Equilibrium relative humidity – to determine the hygroscopic properties of the material so we can determine the optimum storage conditions to avoid caking
- Thermo-gravimetric analysis – to measure the moisture content of the material
Even well-understood materials, such as titanium dioxide, come in a variety of grades, each of which has different properties. Some have a surface coating which aids conveying, while others are likely to smear and stick. Understanding the properties in detail helps us to specify the correct handling systems for each material. Following tests, we can produce a datasheet report for your specific material – and add it to our extensive database.
Test rig for full discharge and conveying trials
We have a full-scale test rig where we can trial your material in a range of storage, discharge and conveying scenarios. We can conduct full pneumatic conveying trials over a range of distances, enabling us to test both lean and dense-phase conveying mechanisms. Our test silos and dischargers also allow us to put your material through a variety of storage and discharge configurations to determine the optimum handling solution.
FIND OUT MORE
For any more information about our products and services, contact us here
OR CALL +44 (0) 845 6011 276